Starting the process of building your own custom dream home is an important time. Having the right custom home builder by your side is essential to make sure that the process goes smoothly and your home build is a success. No matter if this is your first custom build or you have done this a few times before it is always helpful to know what to look for in choosing a great custom home builder.
We are here to give you our best tips in choosing your custom home builder for your home.
Determine What you Want In a Custom Home
Before choosing a custom home builder, you should know what you are looking for in your home as well as what your budget is. This will help you narrow down your builder choices. You don’t want to find a builder that you absolutely love to find out that their prices are well above your price range. And certain builders may build styles that are not the type you are specifically looking for.
Do Your Research
If you have friends or family that have used a custom home builder that would be a great place to start for references. However, if you don’t know anyone that has built a home before in the Dallas area, you will want to do a little research to find out which builders in the local area have the best reputation. Google is a great way to see reviews from past clients and their opinions of aspects such as organizational skills, punctuality, and their quality of work.
Prepare Some Interview Questions
If you’ve never built a custom home before, you may not know exactly what to ask when interviewing different custom home builders, or even what to expect when building a custom home. Here are some great preliminary questions you can ask:
- How many years have you been operating? How many homes have you built? Are you licensed and insured?
- Do you only build from existing floor plans or can I customize floorplans or bring my own?
- What are the energy-saving features in your homes?
- What is your process for inspections during construction, final walk-through, and to address any matters that need to be corrected or finalized?
- Who will be overseeing the construction of my home? Who can I reach out to with questions, and how can I contact them? How will I receive updates?
- How long will it take to build my home?
- How and when will the final cost of my home be determined?
- Can I view a current project you’re working on? (Viewing homes in the works are a great way to check for workmanship and material quality if available.)
- Do you build model homes that I can tour?
- Can you provide references from previous customers?
Choosing the right custom home builder can make all the difference in the home building process. At Atlas Custom Builders, we will ensure you are satisfied with our service every step of the way. From the moment you walk into our office, to the moment we hand you the keys to your brand new home. If you are ready to be in the home of your dreams give us a call today 972-843-9893.